Version 5.0 is out most places (not yet Steam, but that's coming) along with the latest massive expansion, Light of the Spire. This is a big milestone! And you might notice that the next expansion isn't due until late this year at the earliest. So what happens in the meantime?
Well, our take on the core community is that they are currently pretty worn out on reinvention. We've had a nonstop flurry of changes to the game all the way from version 4.0 and the Children of Neinzul expansion in the September, up through 5.0 and the LotS expansion in late January. At some point the game has to stop changing massively and kind of "settle."
That's the phase that we're entering now, and it's something that a number of players have hinted to us that they'd like. "Letting the game settle" does not mean just forgetting about it. Rather, it bespeaks a different way of continuing to work with it. Those who were around for the eight-month span between 3.0 and 4.0 know what I'm referring to.
It boils down to refining what we already have in place, tweaking where tweaking needs to happen, and adding little extra features that enhance the overall process of the game rather than reinventing it wholesale. During this period, we're going to be paying special attention to the Vote Tallies section of our mantis idea tracker. New features that rank high in the vote tallies are a lot more likely to get implemented in our ongoing free DLC releases, alongside the various bugfixes and general tweaks that will be going into the game on an ongoing basis.
All in all: it's a great time to be playing AI War. You can learn the current rules and functionality with the security that it isn't going to be changing on you every week. And yet the game isn't going to get stagnant, it's going to be gradually changing into the best possible version of itself. A lot of people remember the post-3.0 time period with special fondness, despite the fact that our attention was so hugely on making Tidalis, and I think that's why. It's no secret that our focus coming up is going to be hugely on making A Valley Without Wind, but at the same time that leaves plenty of room for continuing AI War's evolution.
It's definitely a great time to be playing AI War!
- Dev-Corner: the challenges of developing long, plo...
- Cara Dashyat Dan Mudah Dapat Ribuan Back Link Grat...
- Danau Buyan & Tamblingan
- Bunut Bolong
- Bungy Jumping Blangsinga
- Bukit Jambul
- AVWW Interview on Co-Optimus
- Batu Klotok
- Bali Art Centre
- Alas Kedaton
- Air Terjun Singsing
- Air Terjun Dusun Kuning
- Air Panas Penatahan
- Air Panas Banyuwedang
- A Valley Without Wind Progress Report 4: Multiplay...
- AI War and LotS Review on IncGamers
- Top 10 Smartest Dogs
- When three became two - Glests Uniting!
- Engines of War: Not dead!
- Top ten hobbies for man
- AI War Beta 5.002 Released!
- Lugaru animations, maps and skeletons are free (Sh...
- Dev-corner: m64's Development Lessons and Agile in...
- 10 celebritis korea tercantik
- A Valley Without Wind Progress Report 3: Shadows, ...
- Space Combat
- FAR Colony Funding & Kambi Engine Donations (Is it...
- Macromedia Flash 8 Professional
- Adobe Flash Professional CS5
- Photo to Cartoon 5.0.4012.42317
- Nature Illusion Studio Pro 3.32
- Manga Studio EX4
- Anime Studio PRO 7
- Picture Resize Genius 2.9.9 Build 50
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Lite Edition 12.0.1
- McAfee Internet Security 2010 Full
- BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 For x86/x64
- Dr.Web CureIt 6.00.2.05140
- Autorun Virus Remover 2.3
- 13 December 2009 Virtual CD v.10 Full
- Alcohol 120% Black Edition 4.0
- Nero Multimedia Suite 10
- Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010
- CyberLink Power2Go 7.0 Build 1001
- CLONE DVD and CLONE CD
- DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced 4.40.0311.0197 – Silent ...
- VSO BlindWrite 126.96.36.199 [Game Copy Software
- Game Jackal Pro 188.8.131.52
- Tips melegakan hati pasca putus cinta
- AI War Beta 5.001 Released!
- Makna dari tiap ciuman anda
- Top Ten Money Saving Tips
- Eurogamer Reviews AI War!
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - RELOADED + Update
- Windows XP Dooosha V.3 SP3
- Windows SP3 Xp 7 Viena Edition
- Windows XP TrueFaster Pro SP3 2010
- Windows Extreme Seven 2010 Professional
- Windows Xp 7 Genius Edition 2010
- Windows 7 Fire Edition
- Windows XP Turbo 3D 2010
- Windows XP Ramez OEM 2010 With SATA Driver
- Windows XP Orient 2011
- Windows DisneyLand SP3 2010
- AI War 5.0 and Light of the Spire Expansion Now Av...
- Windows XP SP3 Music Edition
- Cool upcoming games 2011
- Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
- Download Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 [New]
- Seven utilities untuk Windows 7
- MS Office 2007 SP2 Black Edition v2.0
- 4 Program Yang Dapat Beroperasi Dengan Mode XP, Vi...
- Windows XP SP3 Dark Edition Versi V.7 Rebirth Refi...
- Nissan Skyline
- Nissan Silvia
- Nissan 350z
- Developer Interview: Jared "Deraj" (Radius Engine/...
- Mercedes Benz
- OpenMW 0.9 and DungeonHack Progress
- ProFlightSimulator: Commercial FlightGear Fork (We...
- AMD Radeon Video Card Drivers 10.12
- nVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver 260.89 WHQL
- VIA AC97 Vinyl Audio driver 7.00b
- VIA Vinyl Audio Driver 6.70b
- kX Project Audio Driver 184.108.40.20650 Beta
- VIA Hyperion Pro 5.24A
- CentOS 5.3
- FreeBSD 8.1 Final
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.4
- openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 4
- HD Tune Pro 4.00 + Crack
- K-Lite Codec Pack 6.9.0 Full
- µTorrent 2.2.24402 Stable
- ▼ February (217)
- ► 2010 (302)
- ► 2009 (209)
- ► 2008 (156)