Arcen Games is proud to roll out new info and media for their upcoming procedurally-generated action-adventure title A Valley Without Wind. Today is especially notable for the game, as for the first time actual gameplay has been implemented into the PreAlpha build; thus launching it past the "running around in the woods sim" phase and into the much more satisfying "shooting fireballs and not getting killed by robots" phase.
Much has been tweaked and added to the artwork since AVWW's reveal last week. The placeholder building has been replaced with the real thing, several actually, improvements for the character's run animation and the white borders around certain graphics, the appearance of a pair of magic spells, and the introduction of the game's first enemy.
Arcen head Chris Park on the progress:
"We're still just getting started of course, but we're also really proud of how fast we've been able to get the game to even this stage -- three weeks of dev time! By the time we hit publish alpha in another month to month and a half, this is going to be quite a cool game. And it's still only going to grow from there!...And by the way, the respawns that you see of the character in this video are temporary. Perma-death is still very much coming, so never fear!"
8 new screenshots of the latest build are linked below, and a video showcasing the latest features and additions of the PreAlpha can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Cn881LSnI&hd=1. The latest in-game music track by Pablo Vega is also in the video, as the composer continues to build and share AVWW's expanding soundtrack bit by 8-bit. Speaking of the composer, Vega has written up a new dev diary giving a glimpse into his methods on constructing a game soundtrack and providing his take on the "no such thing as original music" theory. Check it out here: http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-look-into-old-sounds.html.
Stay tuned! We'll have new media every week as we get closer and closer to our alpha release in March. Interested parties are encouraged to view the video in HD (720p) and the screens in their original resolution. The shots can be viewed here:
About Arcen Games
Arcen Games entered the PC indie scene in 2009 with their cult classic AI War: Fleet Command, which was named the 40th best-reviewed PC game of the year by MetaCritic. Their second year was a busy one, seeing the release of The Zenith Remnant, the first full expansion for AI War; Tidalis, an innovative block-based puzzle with casual appeal and hardcore depth; and Children of Neinzul, a micro-expansion for AI War with all profits benefiting the Child's Play charity, of which Arcen is a platinum sponsor.
AI War's third and largest expansion Light of the Spire marked Arcen's first release of 2011, and now the company has shifted its focus and excitement to the evelopment of A Valley Without Wind. Originally a one-man shop, Arcen Games has grown to have half a dozen part-time or fulltime contributors to its various titles.
- Dev-Corner: the challenges of developing long, plo...
- Cara Dashyat Dan Mudah Dapat Ribuan Back Link Grat...
- Danau Buyan & Tamblingan
- Bunut Bolong
- Bungy Jumping Blangsinga
- Bukit Jambul
- AVWW Interview on Co-Optimus
- Batu Klotok
- Bali Art Centre
- Alas Kedaton
- Air Terjun Singsing
- Air Terjun Dusun Kuning
- Air Panas Penatahan
- Air Panas Banyuwedang
- A Valley Without Wind Progress Report 4: Multiplay...
- AI War and LotS Review on IncGamers
- Top 10 Smartest Dogs
- When three became two - Glests Uniting!
- Engines of War: Not dead!
- Top ten hobbies for man
- AI War Beta 5.002 Released!
- Lugaru animations, maps and skeletons are free (Sh...
- Dev-corner: m64's Development Lessons and Agile in...
- 10 celebritis korea tercantik
- A Valley Without Wind Progress Report 3: Shadows, ...
- Space Combat
- FAR Colony Funding & Kambi Engine Donations (Is it...
- Macromedia Flash 8 Professional
- Adobe Flash Professional CS5
- Photo to Cartoon 5.0.4012.42317
- Nature Illusion Studio Pro 3.32
- Manga Studio EX4
- Anime Studio PRO 7
- Picture Resize Genius 2.9.9 Build 50
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Lite Edition 12.0.1
- McAfee Internet Security 2010 Full
- BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 For x86/x64
- Dr.Web CureIt 6.00.2.05140
- Autorun Virus Remover 2.3
- 13 December 2009 Virtual CD v.10 Full
- Alcohol 120% Black Edition 4.0
- Nero Multimedia Suite 10
- Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010
- CyberLink Power2Go 7.0 Build 1001
- CLONE DVD and CLONE CD
- DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced 4.40.0311.0197 – Silent ...
- VSO BlindWrite 188.8.131.52 [Game Copy Software
- Game Jackal Pro 184.108.40.206
- Tips melegakan hati pasca putus cinta
- AI War Beta 5.001 Released!
- Makna dari tiap ciuman anda
- Top Ten Money Saving Tips
- Eurogamer Reviews AI War!
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 - RELOADED + Update
- Windows XP Dooosha V.3 SP3
- Windows SP3 Xp 7 Viena Edition
- Windows XP TrueFaster Pro SP3 2010
- Windows Extreme Seven 2010 Professional
- Windows Xp 7 Genius Edition 2010
- Windows 7 Fire Edition
- Windows XP Turbo 3D 2010
- Windows XP Ramez OEM 2010 With SATA Driver
- Windows XP Orient 2011
- Windows DisneyLand SP3 2010
- AI War 5.0 and Light of the Spire Expansion Now Av...
- Windows XP SP3 Music Edition
- Cool upcoming games 2011
- Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
- Download Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 [New]
- Seven utilities untuk Windows 7
- MS Office 2007 SP2 Black Edition v2.0
- 4 Program Yang Dapat Beroperasi Dengan Mode XP, Vi...
- Windows XP SP3 Dark Edition Versi V.7 Rebirth Refi...
- Nissan Skyline
- Nissan Silvia
- Nissan 350z
- Developer Interview: Jared "Deraj" (Radius Engine/...
- Mercedes Benz
- OpenMW 0.9 and DungeonHack Progress
- ProFlightSimulator: Commercial FlightGear Fork (We...
- AMD Radeon Video Card Drivers 10.12
- nVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver 260.89 WHQL
- VIA AC97 Vinyl Audio driver 7.00b
- VIA Vinyl Audio Driver 6.70b
- kX Project Audio Driver 220.127.116.1150 Beta
- VIA Hyperion Pro 5.24A
- CentOS 5.3
- FreeBSD 8.1 Final
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.4
- openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 4
- HD Tune Pro 4.00 + Crack
- K-Lite Codec Pack 6.9.0 Full
- µTorrent 2.2.24402 Stable
- ▼ February (217)
- ► 2010 (302)
- ► 2009 (209)
- ► 2008 (156)