fixes a desync that has been haunting my nightmares for months. It's been incredibly, incredibly rare, to the point that only a few players have ever even seen it. But those players could reproduce it reliably, while almost nobody else could reproduce it at all. Knock on wood, today that saga ends. One savegame provided by those same players most affected, Fleet and Tssbackus, has finally yielded a reproducible case for me. The battle was hard, but in the end we nailed it to the wall.
But that's not all! This release also has some pretty notable balance shifts around translocation shots, specifically so that your military command stations are now more powerful and less unwieldy. Also regeneration got a few tweaks to be less unwieldy when fortresses and force fields and such are around, too.
Lastly, and I'm sure most excitingly for the largest number of people, is some notable raid starship rebalancing. The raids have been split into two lines: one for the humans and one for the AIs, and the human ones have been made about 20% more powerful, while the AI ones are now only 50% as strong as the human counterparts. In other words, your raids will survive a bit longer against the AI missile guard posts, while the AI starships won't wreak quite so much havoc all through your systems when they come in any volume.
This is a standard update that you can download through the
in-game updater itself, if you already have 4.000 or later. When you
launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found
if you're connected to the Internet at the time. If you don't have 4.000 or later, you can download that here.
- AI War LotS Review on Indie Game Reviewer
- A Valley Without Wind: First Public Release Now Be...
- Pantai Soka
- Dev-corner: 48-hour Reddit Game Jam Postmortem
- AI War Beta 5.009, "Desync II: The Resyncing," Rel...
- A Valley Without Wind: Interiors, Lighting, Crafti...
- Tiny game: Stop the Zombies!
- AI War Beta 5.008, "Bad Robot, No Cookie," Release...
- AI War Beta 5.007, "Zombies Are For Eating My Neig...
- AI War Beta 5.006, "Raiders Of The Lost Desync," R...
- Dev-corner: Making unlicensed fan games -- why you...
- Dev-corner: Bart K. explains (and rants about) C/C...
- AI War Review on i-luv-games.com
- Dev-corner: Primer to texture creation
- Monument Bajra Sandhi
- 12 Misteri Dunia Belum Terkuak
- Pelecing kangkung dari pulau Lombok
- Pantai Kuta (Bali)
- Xonotic Player Interviews
- Sintel The Game mini-update
- AI War Beta 5.005, "The Balancer," Released!
- AI War Beta 5.004, "The RAMinator," Released!
- Red Eclipse 1.0
- Pantai Padang Bai ( Bali )
- Spaced Out - Vega Strike and Pioneer betas plus Mu...
- Reddit Game Jam 06 (March 25 to 27)
- 10 Stadium Terbesar Di Dunia
- Holy Crap! M.A.R.S. 0.7.0!
- SDL job offer, open art funding opportunities, tin...
- News from 0 A.D.
- icculus @ Flourish! 2011: Gaming and Linux - also ...
- FPS release weekend?
- Ryzom now nearly free to play
- Besiege - 3D RTS (Java/Ardor 3D)
- ManicDigger & ArdorCraft - Open Source Minecraft-l...
- PyWeek 12 is upon us! - Also: Python Game Book wik...
- AI War Beta 5.003 Released!
- Blender Game Engine Air race
- OpenDungeons: Huge Progress
- Desa Batubulan
- as3sfxr-b: evil (flash) sound machine
- Denpasar City
- AVWW: Energy Lance Spell, Multiplayer Benchmark, M...
- FLARE leaping forward to 0.11 .. and problems with...
- Mapping for Purity
- Maratis - Simple 3D Game Editor
- Terrain Editing in WorldForge
- Techne, Aviation & Airrace slash community-funded ...
- Inside a Star-Filled Sky (Public Domain For-Pay) +...
- ▼ March (50)
- ► 2010 (302)
- ► 2009 (209)
- ► 2008 (156)