This one is packed with more cool stuff. Probably the biggest new thing is the new "pylons" on the world map. These are basically magical barriers that prevent you from crossing certain region tiles. These barriers have a fairly temporary graphic for now, but it's clear where the barriers are, anyhow.
To bring down a barrier, you have to go to one of the pylons that actually generates it. Destroy the pylon, and the whole line of vortexes goes down, allowing you passage. Right now if you go out in adventure mode, it's just a cache of bosses to fight to bring down the pylon, but over time we'll be making the pylon a physical object that you have to destroy. You can also use a strategic order to destroy the pylon magically from afar, presuming you have enough red consciousness shards!
Also of note is that the boss balance was tweaked some more, and each boss also has substantially randomized stats now. Previously the randomization was so slight that I don't think anyone even noticed it. But now bosses, unlike base enemies, are each unique in stats. That will grow even further over time as we get into elemental damage and immunities/weaknesses on specific bosses, etc.
The next big thing is that profession books for spellgem crafting, spell scroll crafting, and outfitter crafting have all been removed. Just getting the resources needed to craft a recipe of those sorts is enough of a challenge, and those resources are (and always have been) gated by chunk level like a lot of other content in the game. So this isn't making it so that you just get access to all spells at the start of the game. It's just making it so that spell availability is based on the resources you have, rather than the resources and the profession books you've collected.
Profession books were easy to collect, but tedious; and they were monumentally unclear to most new players. I see this as being a really key simplification to making the game increasingly easy for new players to pick up. That said, there's a whole new "intro mission" that we'll be building into the game before too long, and that will be directly aimed at new players and getting them up to speed in a matter of minutes but in a way that is more fun and game-oriented than the current adviser guardian stone method.
There's also another music track, which Pablo described as "probably hardest piece I've worked on for any of our games." I can certainly see why -- he'd already created awesome boss music for the game, but I asked him to come up with something even more awesome to be used just for the overlord battles. So that's what he did!
The list of stuff in this release just goes on and on, so mostly I'll refer you to the release notes rather than just repeating all of it verbatim here. But microboss balance is better, the fire damage over time thing is fixed, slowing frost is a lot more interesting now, attractive drops work better, bosses should never seed in walls anymore, enemies should no longer be absent from stairwells anymore, rhinos and eagles are now outdoors-only, and so on.
The next release is likely to be tomorrow, because the current stuff on Keith's and my list are larger blobs of stuff than are likely to be ready by tonight. Enjoy!
This is a standard update that you can download through the
in-game updater itself, if you already have 0.500 or later. When you
launch the game, you'll see the notice of the update having been found
if you're connected to the Internet at the time. If you don't have 0.500 or later, you can download that here.
- 3 Idiots (2009) dvd RIP PC Full Movie
- Armored (2009) Hindi Dubbed Blue-Ray Rip Full Movi...
- Hop (2011) Hindi Dubbed Blue-Ray Rip Full Movie
- Deja Vu (2006) Hindi Dubbed DVDRip Full Movie
- Angry Birds Cracked Complete Seasons (2011)
- AVWW Beta 0.535, "Audio Epitaph," Released!
- Its a Kind of Funny Story (2010) Hindi Dubbed Blue...
- Real Steel (2011) English | TS Rip
- X-Men First Class (2011) Hindi Dubbed Blue-Ray Rip...
- Wrong Turn 4 : Bloody Beginnings (2011)
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part II (20...
- Xotic (2011)
- Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)
- American Pie 8 Plays golf: Hole In One (2010) DVDR...
- Download Game Samurai Warriors 2
- Plants vs Zombies
- Angry Birds
- CTR (Crash Team Racing)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos Yugi The Destiny
- Multitouch RTS gaming
- AntiVir Personal 18.104.22.1685 (TERBARU)
- Abon Nangka Muda
- Abon Jantung Pisang
- Abon ikan
- Bakso Goreng
- Kerupuk Udang
- Dasar-Dasar Fisioterapi pada Cedera Olahraga
- AVWW Beta 0.534, "Settlements Ahoy," Released!
- AVWW Beta 0.533, "Rockslide and Meteor Shower," Re...
- AVWW Beta 0.532, "Bugfix Collection," Released!
- AVWW Beta 0.531, "Glyph Transplants and Abandoned ...
- AVWW Beta 0.530, "EXP Containers and Map Editor Ex...
- Nero Multimedia Suite 11 Full Patch Serial
- Windows 8 Build 8102 Developer Preview
- AVWW Beta 0.529, "The Awful Truth About Fairies," ...
- AVWW Beta 0.528, "The Overlord Experience," Releas...
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PC / 2011 / RELOADED)
- AVWW Beta 0.527, "Greater Teleport and Lightning R...
- Sate Lilit (Bali)
- AVWW Beta 0.526, "Telegraphing Crates," Released!
- New Interviews, Previews, and LP Videos
- A Garden of colorful projects
- AVWW Beta 0.525, "Rushing Minis," Released!
- Double 0.7.4: Pingus and M.A.R.S.
- AVWW Beta 0.524, "Lieutenant Battle Rock," Release...
- AVWW Beta 0.523, "Miniatures and Health/MP Drops,"...
- AVWW Beta 0.522, "Shadow Pathing," Released!
- New AI War Reviews and LP Videos
- Ren'Py Visual Novels
- AVWW Beta 0.521, "Storm Dash," Released!
- AVWW Beta 0.520, "Shields Up!" Released!
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Full Rip/1GB)
- Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (PC Rip/3...
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2012 Full With Keygen
- Avira Premium Security Suite License Until March 2...
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 | PES 2012 Full + Patch
- AVWW Beta 0.519, "Mysterious Pylons," Released!
- Windows XP 4 Snorgared Professional [MediaFire]
- Membuat Software PORTABLE dengan WinRAR
- AVWW Beta 0.518, "Eagle Tiers," Released!
- AI War Beta 5.019 (Minor Bugfix) Released!
- AVWW Beta 0.517, "Primary Inversion," Released!
- AVWW Betas 0.515-0516, "It's All Relative," Releas...
- Ayu Tingting_Alamat Palsu
- Games (Pencucian Otak) yang harus di waspadai
- AVWW Beta 0.513-0514, "Previously Pernicious Parti...
- GunFu Deadlands 1.01: Performance Up!
- AVWW Beta: Week One At A Glance
- AVWW Beta 0.512, "Watertight Settlements," Release...
- More Early A Valley Without Wind Coverage
- Summer Shorts #3
- ▼ October (72)
- ► 2010 (302)
- ► 2009 (209)
- ► 2008 (156)