Disclamer: Yes I am fully aware that the following two game do not have libre media, and that one of them will never have unless they get away from the copyrighted IP!
That said... the following two gems are really nice examples of what can be done with FOSS engines if some skilled artists work with them.. and they are free as in beer too :p
The first one has been mentioned before on FG, and is a Mod for the nice FOSS RTS Megaglest (Did we mention that one had a small new release too?). Annex: Conquer the World, doesn't seem to have it's one website yet (link goes to Moddb), but check out this awesome new video of that game (gives me a nice Starcraft vibe!):
Actually I don't know anything about the media license on this one, and it isn't released yet, but the closed development process makes me doubt we will have much luck in regards to the media (source must be GPL just as Glest), but hey... you never know!
The second one is as previously mentioned a bit tricky in regards to their media, but at least is is all publicly accessible in their SVN, and maybe you can ask if some parts of the media can be free-ed for other projects to use. Ok well which game am I talking about? Well ZEQ2lite ;)
Have a look at this video and I am sure you will recognize the copyrighted IP:
ZEQ2lite, has a longer history of different mods for Quake3, but this new version is based on a highly modified ioQuake3 version and is completely stand alone from Quake3. Not a big fan of the IP otherwise, but it looks nice and has cool effects :)
Oh and one quick last unrelated news... OpenWolf (a fork of Wolf:ET with Xreal renderer... long story) seems to be making some nice progress in updating this awesome (free as in beer but with FOSS code) multiplayer FPS classic, as you can follow here. And the original Xreal project seems to be somewhat alive too and a release is promised soon... looks like some healthy competition is going on there ;)
- Dev-corner: How to request art for your FOSS game ...
- AI War Beta 5.011, "Nuclear Science," Released!
- A Valley Without Wind Hits Alpha: Side View, Under...
- Some thoughts on commercial FOSS game development
- Assorted bunch of news
- Air Conflicts Secret Wars Free Download [Single Li...
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Highly Compressed Mediaf...
- centOS 5.6
- BackTrack 5 (Revolution)
- Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.8 Gamers
- Kubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu Studio 10.10
- Windows 7 OSX Edition x86 + Office 2010 + 130 Them...
- Windows XP SP3 Mac OSX Glass Edition 2011
- Release Changelog Bullets: Los, SaR2, HoA, NatR
- Bruno Mars_Just The Way You Are
- Mengembalikan file .DLL yang hilang
- Menulis font Cina/Jepang/Korea/Arab di Windows XP
- Melindungi/Mencegah file dari copy paste orang lai...
- Ardorcraft AI
- Tales of Maj'Eyal and T-Engine4
- FOSS game engines put to great use
- Nongame: Killer
- Strategic Initiative
- Naev 0.5 released!
- BlendSwap Hacked
- Battle for Wesnoth Architecture
- Yahoo! Messenger 22.214.171.1241 Beta
- Windows Live Messenger 2011 (15.4.3508)
- Thunderbird 5.0 Beta 1
- Skype 126.96.36.199
- Google Talk 188.8.131.52 Beta
- Opera 11.50 Beta 1 (Build 1027)
- Google Chrome 13.0.782.1 Beta
- Java Runtime Environment 184.108.40.206 (32-bit)
- Avast! Free Antivirus 6.0.1125
- AntiVir Personal 10.0.0.648
- XPScene : Nikmati fitur DreamScene di Windows XP
- WindowBlinds 7.2 Full Crack
- K-Lite Codec Pack 7.10 (Full)
- Firefox 5.0 Beta 3
- Internet Download Manager 6.06 Build 5 Full Patch ...
- Readon TV Movie Radio Player 220.127.116.11 | Software Bu...
- Freeware Keylogger 1.00
- Video mp3 Extractor 1.8
- ADOBE READER TERBARU VERSI 10.0.1
- VLC Media Player terbaru versi 1.1.8
- Revo Uninstaller Pro 2.5.3 Full Version + Patch
- Software Plato Video to FLV Converter
- Software Plato Potret Maker
- Software FileSecrets
- Software Falco GIF Animator
- Software Light Image Resizer
- bfxr = sfxr + flash + omg awesome
- ▼ June (55)
- ► 2010 (302)
- ► 2009 (209)
- ► 2008 (156)